Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An Interview with the amazing Myla Jackson

Myla Jackson is a rare jewel.  Not only is she a multi-published author of some of the most erotic stories you'll ever lay your eyes on, she has also won several awards for her writing - the Romance Writer's of America's Golden Heart Award is just one. She also teaches classes about the craft of writing, both on-line and at workshops.  She and her sister, Delilah Devlin, have created a writing bootcamp that has been heralded as one of the best of the best.

But what makes her a true jewel is her incredible personality.  She's fun, she's hilarious, and she would willinging do anything for a friend. If you have not had a chance to meet her at a conference or convention, then I suggest you do the next time you have the opportunity.  You'll see for yourself what an amazing woman she is.

Want to get to know her a little better?  Uncover some of her hidden secrets?  Of course you do!  So let's get to her interview.  Please note, Myla has a book coming out TODAY!!  BOOTS AND LEATHER, another great read from the Ugly Stick Saloon series, is sure to be an instant hit.

So Myla, which of your books is your personal favorite and why?
I'm in love with my UGLY STICK SALOON series. ALL of them!  I love being able to revisit the characters and introduce new ones.  It's like coming home to a family that likes to partay!

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
You're the only person who can make YOU happy.

What's your birth sign and does it accurately reflect your personality? 
I'm a Libra and I think it fits me.  I've always been a middle child, balancing the personalities of the oldest and the youngest.  I've always played mediator in any situation, helping others to see both sides of a situation.  I like balance in my life.  That doesn't mean that I can't be spontaneous and fun-loving.  It just means I have to come back to balance.

Your bucket list.  What have you done and what's left to do?
So far, I've done most of what's on my bucket list.
1.  Write a book.  Check x 70
2.  Get publishes.  Check
3.  Go to Italy.  Check
4.  Retire from the military.  Check (reserves)
5.  Parasail.  Check - in St. Thomas
6.  Quit the corporate world and write full time.  Check.

Still on my list (mostly travel):
1.  NYT best seller
2.  Egypt
3.  Switzerland/Austria, etc.
4.  Greece
5.  Turkey
6.  Get my daughters through college
7.  Live to be 100 (happily/healthily)

Who is your greatest source for inspiration?
My greatest source for inspiration is my delightful sister, Delilah Devlin.  We began this writing journey and we've been there for each other all along the way.  AND it's brought us closer together than we ever imagined.  I love her.



by Myla Jackson
Coming July 24, 2012


Ugly Stick Saloon
Libby Jones had been on the road for over a year, running from her past, when she landed in Temptation, Texas, working at the Ugly Stick Saloon. Eight months later, she knows she has to leave or risk her past catching up with her. Then why did she take the Gray Wolf twins up on an offer to go riding on their ranch? Getting involved wasn't in the cards for this free-rider.

They're just the Kiowa Cowboys to rope her in...
Mark and Luke Gray Wolf had been trying to capture Libby Jones's attention since she'd started work at the Ugly Stick, only she's blown them off at every attempt to ask her out, until now. Determined to show her a good time on the ranch, they take her to their special project site on the ranch and show her what she's been missing for eight months. They're plan: to expose her to the temptations only twins can provide to persuade her to stay for the long haul.

Convinced she's falling for the two, Libby longs for a life she can't have, knowing she must leave before her whereabouts are discovered. But all hell breaks loose when her past walks through the doors of the saloon. They Gray Wolf twins have a fight on their hands to keep Libby from running again.

Excerpt: (Like a little voyeurism?)
 With ten minutes to cool her heels, Libby slowed and paused at the entrance to backstage. A flash of naked skin snagged her attention and she tipped her head to the side to get a better view of what was going on.
Libby’s heart fluttered at the sight of Audrey perched on a stack of boxes, completely naked except for her bright red cowboy boots. Her legs wrapped around Jackson’s equally naked body as his hips rocked, grinding against hers.

One of Audrey’s arms circled Jackson’s shoulders as she rode him, leaning close to kiss the side of his neck. In her other hand, she held a long leather whip. She glanced across the room, her gaze connecting with Libby’s. Audrey winked and flicked the whip, a loud crack splitting the air.

“Careful with that. You almost got me,” Jackson warned.

“Had I been aiming for you, I wouldn’t have missed. Now, ride me, cowboy,” Audrey demanded.

Libby’s breath hitched and she stepped back, just enough so she couldn’t see. Heat rose from her chest into her cheeks. She’d never spied on another couple having sex. But Jackson and Audrey had looked so very hot and sexy, and the kink factor of the whip made Libby’s blood burn.

Audrey’s moan drew Libby back to the entrance like a sailor to a siren. She couldn’t help watching as the couple engaged in hot and kinky sex.

Jackson shifted, turning himself and Audrey, giving Libby a side view of the action. His long shaft pumped in and out of Audrey’s cunt. The soft slurping sound of a well-lubricated channel interspersed with Audrey’s moans and Jackson’s grunts as he thrust into her.

Libby’s belly tightened. She pressed her hands to still the butterflies, her thighs quivering in anticipation of Jackson’s next thrust.

Audrey leaned up to whisper something into Jackson’s ear.

He smiled down at her and then turned to Libby, his eyelids drooping down over his brown-black eyes. “Wanna join us?”

Libby jumped back, unable to pull her gaze from the couple. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to watch.”

“It’s okay. We don’t mind.” Audrey’s ankles crossed behind Jackson’s back and she pulled him into her
.
“Do we?”

Jackson shook his head. “If my lady likes a little more kink, I’m all for it.” He waved a hand, beckoning Libby into the room. “She has completely corrupted me.”

“No. I shouldn’t.” Despite her denial, Libby couldn’t move back another step—her feet were glued to the floor. The intimate connection between Audrey and Jackson set Libby’s pussy on fire. “The twins are coming to pick me up.”

Audrey smiled. “You can watch until they come.” She let her legs slide down Jackson’s thighs to the floor.

Jackson pulled his cock free of Audrey’s cunt and it jutted straight out, hard and thick. Bigger than anything Libby had ever witnessed.

She swallowed hard, her tongue slipping across suddenly dry lips.

Audrey trailed a finger all the way down Jackson’s chest to the hard, stiff shaft. “Just so you know, the twins are built just like Jackson.”

The Kiowa frowned and thrust his hips forward. “I’m bigger.”





6 comments:

  1. I'm quite jealous of your bucket list, but so glad that you are writing so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'd love to go parasailing in St. Thomas. I'd love to just to go St. Thomas!

      Delete
  2. What a great list. I've always been kind of out there wacky doing crazy stuff so I don't have a bucket list. Maybe I should create a calm one lol. I loved your post and excerpt and man that's one hot cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's easy to have a great post when the person you're interviewing is interesting to start with.

      Delete
  3. My bucket list doesn't include any overseas travel, I hate to fly. There are many places here in the U.S I want to see though.
    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still want to take my daughter to Yellowstone. I went when I was about 6 and don't remember much about it. Would love to see it again as a part of my bucket list.

      Delete